Monday, November 23, 2009

The "X" In CTN-X Was A Gross Mis-Advertisement

Woo-hoo, CTN-X occurred this weekend though I went only Saturday. Waaaaaay better than Comic-Con for those of you who did not make the venture to Burbank. More animation, less crowds, and no fanboy geeks dressing up as Wolvy (well, that is except me of course).

The only thing(s) missing were Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Film Roman; three of the largest TV animation studios IN THE FREAKIN' WORLD!!!! And all three within a two mile radius of the Mariott Hotel! Come on guys, get it together here. But other than that, quite the kick ass time. Definitely going back next year!

Now I should note that I suck as a picture taker. Would of had more but all these pics were taken within the last 10 minutes of the expo.

Pixar is awesome. Bill Presing is awesomer. Makes the rest of us look like disheveled hobo pocket lint. On a side note I think I scared him off a tad as I do with everyone else. Gotta stop drooling and charging at artists I like.


Animation royalty: Don Bluth and Gary Goldman. Never actually heard their story quite the way they told it. And of course I had the flash on for this one so the pic looks like ass.


Dean Yeagle...I'll let my silence speak for itself......


Dean Yeagle's "Scribblings 2" and "One Mandy Morning"; Bill Presing's "Book Plate Betties"; and of course Justin Orr had a Wolvy print on him and I couldn't resist myself. Would have got more stuff but ran out of doughage.

2 comments:

Matthew Long said...

I took that picture! It's okay though, you can freely publish it I guess.

Tal Moscovici said...

You took nothing!!!

You can still tell I'm chewing gum though. Damn it. And I can't tell if my eyes are open in that pic. Sadly it's still the best one; jeez great job there Mr. Photographer.